Friday, January 15, 2010

Mrs. Nathan's Pot Roast

This is my pal Melissa Nathan's recipe. She used to be my assistant a long time ago and she is a pretty rockin' Stage Manager. She calls it Mom's Pot Roast but I couldn't do that as my mom uses a very different recipe and she might kill me!

Mrs. Nathan's Pot Roast


1 onion, sliced
lg pot roast
garlic, minced
1 cup water with 1 tsp bouillon dissolved
1 - 8 oz can tomato sauce
2 Tbs brown sugar
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp mustard
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup vinegar

Preheat oven 350. Slice onion in bottom of pan. Spread garlic over meat; pour broth over. Mix rest of ingredients and pour over meat, cover and cook about 3 hrs. Turn after every hr.

"Delicious! My mom's recipe. Makes it for the jewish holidays." -Melissa

1 comment:

..Cooking when I can.. Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino