Thursday, January 21, 2010

BBQ Pork Chops in the Crock Pot

Those of you who know me, know I love to use my Crock Pot. I have a big one for when company comes, and a small one for Hubby and I.  Today I made a BBQ pork chop recipe out of things I had in the fridge.  You can modify the sauce recipe any way you like, or use a bottle if you want.  It wont hurt my feelings, I promise!


BBQ Pork Chops with Potatoes, Carrots and Onion

(in the Crock Pot or Slow Cooker)

Ingredients:
3 to 6 pork chops (any size will do - use what you like!)
4 red potatoes -cubed into 1" pieces

about 20 baby carrots
1/4 cup chopped white onion
1/4 tbsp. Kosher salt (more or less to taste)
1/4 tbsp. Freshly Ground Pepper



Sauce: (I made this up from stuff I had on hand because I didn't have enough BBQ sauce)

1/4 bottle BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's Original because it rocks)
1/4 cup ketchup 
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
2 tbsp. Spicy Brown mustard
1 healthy dash of Liquid Smoke (not necessary, but I have it in the pantry)
2 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes


Directions:


Mix all the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl.  Dip your pork chops in and coat well on both sides.
Place them in the bottom of your slow cooker.


Cut up your potatoes and onion and mix with the baby carrots in the BBQ sauce bowl.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add one cup of water. Toss to coat. Place on top of the chops.

Turn the slow cooker to Low and cook all day.  This really depends on the amount of chops.  I used 3 so I cooked for 8 hours.  You will need to cook at least an additional 1 hour for 6 chops.  Hopefully you know your slow cooker and can adapt this cook time to fit your needs.  If you are in a hurry, cook on high for half the time but use a food thermometer to make sure your internal chop temp is 160°F.

I served this with peas and biscuits.  The chops were very tender and the sauce was great!







1 comment:

..Cooking when I can.. Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino